Free June Meeting: Speaker Skye Mercer - Leading in Uncertain Times from the HR Perspective
Time & Location
About the event
Topic: Leading in Uncertain Times from the HR Perspective
Workshop Description: COVID-19 has presented one of the most complex and difficult circumstances in the modern workplace. Leading and supporting employees as HR professionals amidst changing legislation, funding/revenue uncertainty, and the threat of illness in the workplace, is uniquely challenging. No HR person should go it alone- getting support for working in HR in times of uncertainty is critical. If you are looking for support, tools, and strategies for leading employees through a global pandemic, then this workshop is for you. Learning objectives:
· Discuss how grief and fear are manifesting in the workplace and how you can simultaneously and effectively support both yourself and your organization.
· Receive tools and strategies for identifying and alleviating burnout and stress at work.
· Learn key strategies for self-care and for cultivating personal resilience, a critical foundation for managing in challenging times.
· Discuss communication best practices to empathize and support employees in moving through change while simultaneously setting good boundaries.
· Discuss what's next for the world of HR, including positive workplace trends we can expect this next year.
Skye Mercer, MBA, SPRH, SHRM-SCP
Skye Mercer is a certified HR Consultant & Leadership Coach who works with organizations all over the US to create happy, productive, compliant workplaces through proven HR and leadership strategies. She has worked with both large and small companies, nonprofits, and government organizations, including city and county governments, YWCA, Goodwill Industries, American Airlines (US Airways), and Netflix.