January Meeting: Employment Law Trends and Predictions for 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
This is our annual legal update. The zoom meeting is free to paid members. Non-members, please use the non-member ticket option when selecting your ticket for registration. Please email HRNNIofIdaho@gmail.com for questions.
TOPIC for Seminar: Employment Law Trends and Predictions for 2021
SUMMARY: This seminar will focus on trends in employment law, including those that are pandemic-driven and those falling outside of the pandemic. Special emphasis will include a focus on federal and state agency updates and predictions related to compliance as well as trending wage and hour cases.
· Participants will learn key trending employment law claims and best practices to avoid them;
· Participants will learn about changes in state and federal agencies and how those changes will impact HR practices;
· Participants will learn about trending wage and hour cases to identify area for review within their organization's wage practices.
Speaker Bio: Kara Heikkila, Attorney with Witherspoon Kelley
Kara Heikkila is an employment law attorney and shareholder at Witherspoon Kelley. Prior to practicing law, Kara was an HR director and manager in the health care industry. As a lawyer, Kara has more than 20 years of experience representing employers throughout the Pacific Northwest before state and federal agencies as well as in state and federal courts. She is licensed to practice law in Idaho, Washington, and Alaska, as well as before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. Kara lives in Rathdrum with her fur kids, Rowdy, June Carter Cash, and Festus.
Kara is licensed to practice in Idaho, Washington, and Alaska.
- PAID Members Ticket$0$00$0
- NON-PAID Members$10$100$0