Wed, Jul 20|
CDA Inn Best Western
July Meeting - Adopting New Strategies to Recruit & Develop the New Workforce
Please join us as Dr. Wade Larson talks about employee retention. This program will help attendees learn strategies to overcome the long-term labor crisis
Time & Location
Jul 20, 2022, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
CDA Inn Best Western, 506 W Appleway Ave, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814, USA
About the event
Topic: Employee Retention
Speaker: Dr. Wade Larson
How do we fix the labor supply chain crisis within our own business? Most employers are struggling with high turnover and no available labor to replace employees while trying to increase production and expand services. It's not just the numbers - employers also find a critical shortage of qualified talent to meet their needs. The result? Labor Shortage (#s) x Talent Shortage (Competencies) = Labor Supply Capability Crisis While there are short-term steps you can take to mitigate the results, it will take a longer-term strategy to ensure the volume of talent you need to meet your demands. Your business continuity, economic growth, and overall operational stability depend on it. Join us as we identify 3 strategies to help you mitigate short-term labor challenges while addressing long-term labor supply chain needs to ensure the talent you need to ensure your business' success.
- Understand the current labor supply chain crisis and the bases for concern related to recruitment, long-term talent availability, and business competitiveness.
- Create strategies to recruit talent using relationship management, branding, and cultural alignment to become an employer of choice.
- Learn how to build internal candidate tracks to train and develop current employees through in-house technical and professional programs.
- Identify opportunities to build relationships and programs with K12, colleges, apprenticeships, and nearby programs to grow future employee supply chains.
- Consider the application of digital transformation, AI, and integration of technology to compensate for fewer employees while still optimizing business performance.
Dr. Wade Larson is the Chief Human Resources Officer for Wagstaff, Inc. and President of Optimal Talent Dynamics, a consulting group centered around workforce development, leadership, and HR success. He is on a personal mission to overcome mediocrity and help others achieve their best. Dr. Wade has worked with hundreds of organizations and thousands of individuals as a leadership and workforce consultant to improve processes and optimize performance. As an international speaker, author, trainer, and adjunct professor, he challenges leaders to transform their organizations, people, and communities to achieve their best in this world.
Over the past 30 years, Larson has gained unique insights into how leaders achieve success through their people. He also recognizes the extent to which the world has changed over the past two years – and he shares a new model for leaders to adapt to the new rules of today’s workforce in his latest book HR Transformation.
Paid HRNNI Member
This ticket is for paid HRNNI members$21.00